Friday, November 8, 2019

A small update

Things have been difficult lately. It's getting down to the wire, financially. I've been scrambling like mad to find freelance work opportunities; transcribe audio here, fill out a survey there. That kind of thing.

My workouts are going okay. I went from 210lbs at my very heaviest down to a pretty stable 196. My health care network provides free gym membership for three months for cancer survivors, so I'm going to apply for that soon.

Things will get real if I can go back to work on December 1st. It's the earliest estimate for when I can return to work; however, my latest PET scan shows that I still have some cancer, and might need some more therapy. That eats up time.

I'm also working on something big: I'm developing a video game. Not a free browser game, not a random experiment or game jam entry; an actual, full-length game that I can put my name on and be proud of it. I've been working on it for five months, and it's shaping up nicely. Hopefully I can have a demonstration ready before January; but if not, that's okay, too.

If anybody's reading this, I ask only that you wish me luck. There's still room for it to get worse before it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment